Terms and Conditions
Converse Create at home – Musical Collaboration with J’Something
- This competition is organized by Skye Distribution (Pty) Ltd (‘Skye’), with the involvement of Joao da Fonseca (also known as J’Something) as judge and artist.
- The competition starts at 21:00 on Friday 24 April 2020 and ends at 23:59 (South African time) on 7 May 2020 (“the competition period”). No late entries will be considered. By submitting an entry on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, you agree to these terms and conditions and competition rules.
- Only South African residents may enter the competition.
- Entrants under the age of 18 will require consent from a parent/guardian before entry. Skye reserves the right to request proof of such consent and to disqualify an entrant who does not have such consent (if required).
- The competition is not open to: (i) anyone associated with or affiliated to Skye or the sponsors or organizers or a supplier of goods or services to the competition; or (ii) immediate family members or colleagues of J’Something.
- To enter the competition, you must do the following:
6.1 Create a public social media post showcasing your original musical talent (vocals, instrumentals etc.) on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook; and
6.2 Tag @jsomethingmusic and @converse.za in your post.
- You must have an Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account in order to participate in this competition. If a social media account is set to “protected” or “private” mode, your entry will not be visible J’Something or Skye. In order for posts to be entered into the competition, your social media account and posts must be public.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Entrants may submit multiple entries. J’Something will be entitled, in his discretion, to disregard entries from people who are, in his opinion, already successful or professional musicians or artists.
- The entries will be judged by J’Something based on their potential, merit and artistry. The ultimate winner will be selected in the sole discretion of J’Something from all eligible entries received during the competition period. The winner will be contacted, within 7 days from the closing date, by way of a direct message sent to the social media account they used to enter. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to confirm details for confirmation of the prize within 7 days, an alternative winner will be selected at the discretion of J’Something from the remaining eligible and correct entries.
- The winner will have the opportunity of J’Something using the winning entry as part of the Converse #CreateAtHome campaign. In terms of this opportunity, J’Something will use the winning piece posted by the winner in the creation of a new work which, when complete, will be posted on the social media channels.
- In addition to the above opportunity, the winner will receive a R2,500 Converse voucher.
- Skye reserves the right to disqualify any entrant posting an entry or a comment that is, in Skye’s sole opinion, inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, indecent, racist, reflects negatively on J’Something, the CONVERSE brand, Skye or the products marketed by Skye, upsetting to other entrants, fans of the brand or directly aimed at Skye, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment. Entrants may not enter or upload any entry that contain any third party’s brands, trade marks or intellectual property or anything that infringes upon any third party’s rights.
- An entrant may only submit an entry that features themselves and that originates from the entrant. An entry must be the entrant’s own original work and cannot contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction.
- An entry must not have been submitted previously in a competition of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly.
- Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may submit entries that may be similar to their own, and that Skye may inadvertently develop campaigns in the future which may be similar, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with Skye over such matters.
- Late, incomplete, incorrect or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries that are late, delayed, misdirected or incomplete, or for failures due to malfunctions in communication services or for any other reason caused by events beyond the control of Skye, which may cause the competition or entries to be disrupted or corrupted. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of actual receipt by the organizer.
- Skye may, at its discretion, disqualify incomplete or fraudulent entries or entries that do not comply with these rules. Skye may also disqualify an entrant if Skye finds that the entrant has attempted to manipulate the outcome of the competition.
- All prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winners.
- All prizes are limited to one prize per winner. Prizes cannot be deferred nor exchanged for cash or for any other prize.
- Skye may use, broadcast or publish the names, photographs, images and details of the winner and entrants, including (without limitation) on social media. No compensation will be payable to the winners and entrants in this regard.
- By entering this competition, each entrant grants J’Something, Skye and Converse Inc, and all of their associated companies, affiliates, licensees, partners, marketing agencies and their successors-in-title and assigns the sole, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable, transferable, royalty-free, irrevocable rights and licence to reproduce, adapt, edit, rearrange, reproduce, translate, dub, broadcast, publish, display, create derivate works from, perform and generally exploit and use their entry into the competition, the content of the entry and all copyright and other intellectual property vesting in or relating to the entry, in any and all forms, media and technology, in any manner and for any purpose. An entrant will not allow any third party to use their entry for any purpose. Without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, each entrant agrees not to allow any other entity or business to use the entry in relation to the marketing or promotion of their goods and/or services. An entrant shall have no claim against Skye or anyone else relating to use of their entry. Entrants will not receive any form of payment or consideration relating to use of their entries and they waive all claims in this regard. Entrants waive all moral rights in their entries and shall indemnify Skye against any claims from any collection society or other third party relating to use and exploitation of such content.
- Despite any contrary provision in these terms and conditions, the winner agrees that Skye will own all rights in and to the winning entry (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property subsisting in the audio and visual components, music and lyrics forming party of the winning entry). By entering this competition, the winner hereby cedes, assigns and transfers to Skye all such rights and the winner waives their moral rights relating the winning entry. Skye may require the winner to sign a written assignment and release agreement and the winner’s receipt of their prize is subject to the winner signing such agreement (if requested by Skye). Except if provided for in these terms and conditions, the winner will not be entitled to any payment, compensation or royalties relating to their winning entry. The winner agrees not to claim payment or anything else from Skye, J’Something or anyone else in relation to the winner’s entry or any use thereof and the winner shall not assist anyone else in making such a claim. Since Skye will own all rights in the winning entry, the winner agrees that the winner will not be allowed to make any use of the winning work or create any adaption or derivative of the winning entry without Skye’s prior written consent.
- Personal information submitted as part of this competition will only be used to notify the potential winners, for purposes related to the competition, as well as for marketing with an opt out option.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission may be used for promotion related to Converse. This may be in the form of social media, radio, television, print or video material for which you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than that disclosed in these terms.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the competition and/or these terms and conditions, Skye’s decision will be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The selection of the winners is final. No appeals or correspondences will be entered into. Only winning entries will be contacted by the organizers.
- Skye shall be entitled not to award one or more prizes if an insufficient number of entries were received or the quality of the entries were not of a sufficient or appropriate standard.
- Skye reserves the right to withdraw or suspend the competition or extend the closing date at any time. The reasons for this may include, without limitation, the provisions of any law or any legal requirement, events or circumstances beyond Skye’s reasonable control or if Skye finds that there has been tampering with the competition process in whatever manner. You will have no recourse whatsoever against Skye and its associated agencies and retailers in this event.
- J’Something, Skye, Converse, Inc. and their associated agencies, retailers and prize sponsors shall not be liable for and you hereby indemnify and hold Skye harmless against any claim, liability, damages (whether direct or indirect), cost, expense or penalty suffered or incurred by any person as a result of participating in the competition or the acceptance or use of a prize.
- No purchase of any product is necessary to enter the competition. Success in the competition is dependent on the skill displayed by participants, and lot or chance plays no role.
- Skye will be entitled to amend and/or update the terms and conditions of this competition by making the amended and/or updated version available online.
- For all enquiries regarding the competition or its outcome contact Skye’s customer service centre on 087 940 4664 or email email@example.com.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram/Facebook/Twitter. You are providing your information to Skye and not to Instagram/Facebook/Twitter. The information you provide will only be used as provided for in these terms and conditions, unless otherwise indicated.